Get into PR
Public Relations, media relations or PR is one of the most desirable career paths. Of the many public relations courses available, this one is excellent for introducing you to the basics; that you can put to immediate use.
All you need is a familiarity with Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and the internet. Your PR training course begins with a definition of PR and the duties of a PR Assistant moving through to writing press releases before ending with feature articles.
Unlike many PR and media relations courses, this is a flexible, self-study programme, which means you can take the time to train whenever it suits you. You will create a workbook to take away as a handy reminder of your PR and media relations training, and you'll have the prestige of being able to put the renowned Pitman Training name on your CV.
This is a firm basis for you to go on to gain PR qualifications; from the Institute of Public Relations for example. Alternatively, for an insight into a related discipline, take our Marketing Essentials course.
- Learn an introduction to PR principles
- The flexibility and value of a self-study course designed to enable you to work at your own pace
- You'll get a workbook to use as a reference guide on completion of the course
- The opportunity to gain the widely recognised Pitman Training Certificate
Aims and Objectives
The simple aim of this course is to help learn the basic principles of PR.
This course has been designed for those who wish to gain an introduction to PR principles. Prior to starting this course it would be preferable if you had prior experience with Word, Publisher and PowerPoint and be familiar with the Internet.
- Lesson One: A definition of PR. The duties of a PR Assistant.
- Lesson Two: The importance of a PR plan. Tips for writing a press release.
- Lesson Three: PR and the Internet. Ethics and the Law.
- Lesson Four: Exhibitions and other events. Feature articles.
This course will take around 8 to 10 hours to complete.
Our Get into PR course is part of our distance learning range - which can be accessed online via our distance learning portal. This means that you have the flexibility to study our Get into PR course:
- In centre, with our friendly course advisors available for support and guidance as and when you need it.
- At home or from work - with support via email or telephone during working hours.
- On a blended mix - in-centre for the modules you need help with, at home or from work for those you are gliding through.
Once you've decided to go ahead, all you'll need to do is contact one of our learning advisors and they will arrange for you to have an induction to show you around the system and talk you through how our online training works. After this, you can learn in your own time and at your own speed, but with the knowledge you have support at hand if required.
|Numele cursului:||Get into PR (P98)|
Pentru cine cumperi cursul: