Commissioning, Procurement and Contracting for
Care Services Level 3(C18)
The aim of this qualification is to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to Commissioning, Procurement and Contracting, and to confirm competence in these areas where appropriate.
Learners who will undertake the Level 3 Diploma will wholly or partly be engaged in roles in social care and children’s & young people’s sectors. The role may or may not be specified in the job title, and it may encompass joint commissioning with health bodies.
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children and young people’s settings
- Work effectively within a commissioning organisation
- Purposes and principles of independent advocacy
- Introduction to personalisation in social care
- Understand the context of supporting individuals with learning disabilities
- Understand physical disability
- Support decision making and problem solving
Assessment is normally via practical work-based assignments. This ensures you minimise time away from work and that you undertake work study which is relevant to your own organisation’s context.
It is anticipated that learners will progress to the Level 5 QCF qualification relating to Commissioning, Procurement and Contracting for Care Services, or to other management roles or level 5 qualifications within social care or related sectors.
Alternatively, learners may also:
- Enhance your professional status by upgrading your CMI membership
- Apply to become a Chartered Manager